Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two!

They say that toddlers develop a sense of numbers and counting gradually, and in Caroline's case, they are definitely right! Anything more than ONE is officially "Two!!" to Caroline. She says it with adorable and enthusiastic inflection, and the best is when she counts. She holds up her fingers and attempts to put each finger up the way I would do if I were showing her how to count to ten.... but in her unique way of counting, she does it like this: "two,... two,... two,... two,... ...two,... two!!!" -- all with lots of enthusiasm and attempts at putting up a new finger each time. Maybe I can catch it on video sometime soon... in the meantime, I just wanted to share. Here's a funny conversation that she & Rachel had tonight:

Rachel: "Caroline, how old are you?"
Caroline: "Two!!!"
Rachel: "Caroline, how old is Rachel?"
Caroline: "Two!!!"
Rachel: "And how old is Mommy?"
Caroline: "Two!!!"
Rachel: "And how old is Daddy?"
Caroline: "Two!!!"

Note that Caroline still has TWO and a half months until she turns TWO!!!

2 comments:

Ann Glowacki said...

What a cutie pie!!!

Unknown said...

I´ll phone you right now to ask Caroline how old I am, I want some one to tell me I´m young again!!!!