Monday, July 13, 2009

10th Anniversary Trip to St. Thomas

To celebrate 10 great years of marriage, Brian and I went to St. Thomas, USVI, last week for a wonderful getaway! It was a super relaxing trip in a really beautiful place! We had been to nearby St. John for our honeymoon 10 years ago, so it was also a familiar area -- and very nice as travelers to be on U.S. soil the entire time -- it made it really easy to call home and check on Rachel & Caroline, who had a fun week with Brian's parents while we were gone. Here are some pictures....

Dinner with a view of the bay and St. John in the distance

View from our room of the Ritz-Carlton, where we stayed

Another view from our room

Relaxing on a Hobie cat in the bay

Having fun sailing the Hobie (right from the hotel waterfront)...

View of the Ritz-Carlton property from the water

Another photo at dusk, just before dinner one night

Relaxing by the pool

View of the pool; and behind it, the bay (I just had to include my toes in the foreground for effect!!)

Lunch by the pool and bay.... Note that I learned to enjoy virgin strawberry daiquiris almost as much as the real thing!

There were lots of iguanas on the premesis... they basically ignore people and are harmless, as far as we could tell.

Boats in the bay at St. John, while on a day trip with a group from the Ritz

View of the islands from the catamaran that we sailed on with the day trip to St. John

With views like this from the boat, I seriously considered never leaving!!!

During the day trip to St. John, we had lunch by the beach at Caneel Bay resort

This is a panoramic photo of the view from our hotel room that I created in Photoshop by connecting 3 pictures together... it's not perfect, but you can see what the view really looked like!
* * * * Click on it to see it larger.... * * * *
After seeing it full-sized on the screen, doesn't that picture make you want to hop on a plane right now and go??!!

We really had a fabulous time -- and we highly recommend the Ritz-Carlton to anyone interested in a trip to St. Thomas! I hope we can go back there again soon! Well, I guess it might be a while, but eventually we hope to return....

1 comment:

Ann Glowacki said...

Wow, Karen! Beautiful pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun, relaxing time! Shawn and I will have to check it out someday for sure! I hope you had a fantastic birthday as well!

Love,
Ann