In this one, Rachel's class had been working on sequencing, and they were asked to write down the order of events in making a snowman.
The title of the project is "How to Make a Snowman"
Rachel's steps are written as:
First -- big snowball
Next -- medium snowball
Last -- little snowball
My favorite part is what she added at the end (in her own spelling): Decorate it!

This one is a New Year's Resolution...
Rachel wrote, "I want to sing better in the choir"
I love the choir members in her picture, singing with their mouths wide open!

This is one which Rachel made in the style of the worksheets from school. On it, she drew herself as a mermaid, with the caption "I like swimming. I pretend sometimes that I am a mermaid!"

Around the time of MLK Day, Rachel's class talked about what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. taught our society, and then the kids were asked to write about him. This is Rachel's work.
It says: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a good man because ... "he dreamed to put white and black people back together again."
The caption bubble says, "I will put white people back together."
I really like the way she made the people in her picture of different races/colors! The blue sky is a nice detail, too -- her teacher is always encouraging them to add lots of details -- like colors, labels, outlines, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment