Sunday, February 15, 2009

"We are looking for a moses basket"

This afternoon, Rachel & I were talking about her baby doll Moses basket when she decided we should look for a new one on the computer. I agreed, so we did a Google search for "baby doll Moses basket", but we were having trouble finding one that she liked -- most of the search results were for real babies, not baby dolls.

Becoming mildly frustrated, Rachel insisted on typing in a better search, so I let her enter her own wording into the Google search window, and this was what she wrote. See below. If you "read" it carefully, you'll see it makes perfect sense -- she typed in (with her own spelling, of course): "We are looking for a moses basket". Unfortunately, Google didn't have any better results for her search than mine. I was laughing at Google's attempt at making sense of the search term, however -- notice it said "Did you mean" and listed its own nonsense word.


No comments: