Sunday, October 12, 2008

Football, explained

Yesterday evening, Rachel and I were watching the 2nd half of the UNC football game when I stopped to explain the basics to her. (There had been a big play that I wanted her to see on replay, so I had to explain what they were doing!). Soon after that, she decided to teach me how to play football... here are some cut-and-pasted excerpts:

Note that the part where Rachel talks about the fireworks comes from the fact that we live so close to the stadium that we can hear the fireworks each time UNC scores a touchdown, field goal, or extra point. So yesterday we were having fun with the windows open, seeing the action on TV and then hearing the actual cheers from the crowd, followed by the fireworks.

2 comments:

Ann Glowacki said...

wow!

I think she understands more than I do! At least more than I did before I married a Texas Aggie football fan! (unfortunately the Aggies haven't gotten many fireworks this season!) :)

Love,
Ann

Unknown said...

I finally know how football is about
Kisses from Spain
Love· MÂȘTrini